Sunday, May 11, 2014

Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Bars



These cookie bars are one of our FAVORITE desserts - they can be mixed together in less than 10 minutes using items you likely always have on hand. The result is a buttery sugar cookie bar that will disappear in no time!

So, my life has been insane lately and while things have slowed some, they are still pretty darn busy but most of the 80 hour weeks are finally behind me! During that time, we ate out every.single.meal. And by ate out, I mean that I drove my half comatose body through a drive through and ate it on the way to bed. I've so missed my kitchen and am glad to have been back cooking a couple of times a week.

I hope I didn't lose too many of you! :)

These bars are my go-to when we get a hankering for something sweet. I always have the ingredients on hand and it mixes up just as fast as a box mix. I used chocolate chips this time but have used M&Ms in the past. Add whatever you have on hand! They are moist, buttery, and delicious.


Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Bars
1 stick butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.5 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.

Slice the butter into 1 tablespoon pieces and add them to a large mixing bowl. Microwave in short bursts, stirring often, until melted. Remove from the microwave and stir in the sugar. Let cool for 3 minutes before beating in the egg and vanilla.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add this to the wet mixture and blend well. The mixture may be thick so use your hands to mix if needed.

Press the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Pull from the oven and add the chocolate chips over top, using as many as you prefer. Gently press them into the dough.

Return to the oven and bake for 10-12 more minutes, or until the top is set and the cookies don't wiggle when you shake the pan back and forth.

Cool completely in the pan before slicing. Yield 9 cookie bars.

Source: adapted from Stephanie Cookies

No comments :

Post a Comment



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved