Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Overnight Ham and Cheese Strata



Cubed bread is tossed with eggs, milk, ham, and loads of cheese before refrigerating overnight. The next morning, just pop the pan in the oven and bake! Perfect for Christmas morning!

To say I'm not a morning person would be the understatement of the century. So, in my house, breakfast isn't commonplace. Even if I am up early, the last thing I want to do is cook - much less talk to another human! On holidays, though, things are relaxed and lazy and begging for brunch.

I don't know how it is in your circle but in ours, holiday meals are typically later than normal lunch times. Say, anytime between 1pm-3pm. Which means breakfast is a must!

An overnight strata is the perfect breakfast for me because you make it the night before. First one up (I'm looking at you, husband) gets the honor of throwing it in the oven and setting the timer.

This is super cheesy, just like we like it!

Amounts below are for a very large portion - easily serving 10 people. I halved it and we still had lots leftover!


Overnight Ham & Cheese Strata
10 eggs
3 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
14 cups cubed Italian bread
2 cups cubed, cooked ham
2.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced

Lightly coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.

In a (very) large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in the cubed bread, ham, 1.5 cups cheddar, and garlic and gently stir until well combined. Transfer to the prepared pan and top with remaining 1 cup cheddar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

The next morning, remove the pan and let sit while you preheat the oven to 350. Bake until set, about 1 hour. 

17 comments :

  1. Does this HAVE to sit over night? Can I just put together and bake it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soaking overnight helps soften the bread some but I doubt it'd make a huge difference if you made it immediately. I haven't tried it but that's my uneducated guess :) Let me know how it turns out if you try it!

      Delete
  2. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m still learning from you, but I’m trying to achieve my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely enjoy reading everything that is posted on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the tips coming. I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is one of the most vital information for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like learning new stuff. So, thankuou for this information of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. helpful information and facts. Lots of, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing such great knowledge with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the information is really very interesting and very easy to understand, I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply want to say your article is as astonishing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this information, Keep on bloggingg!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy every little bit of it. I bookmarked to check out new stuff of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice weblog here! Additionally your site loads up very fast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really grateful for your blog post for giving a lot of information

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved