Saturday, January 3, 2015

Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice



Fried rice loaded with shrimp, pineapple, and cashews. This Thai restaurant copycat is sweet, savory, and delicious!

I'm immediately transported back to seminary when I make this dish. There was a hole-in-the-wall Thai restaurant across the street from campus that we ate at often. 10 of us could go in there for lunch and 100% of us would order this dish. It was the favorite of everyone, it seemed! Last I heard, they razed the shopping center it was located in :(

I haven't found a fantastic Thai spot in our new city so I just whip up this dish at home. It's one of my favorites because 1) I can throw in leftover veggies in the fridge (see: asparagus in the picture) and 2) I can make dinner in 10 minutes!

There is one thing you need to do in advance and that's making the rice. Fried rice really needs cold, cooked rice to make. Just make it the night before and consider it a small price to pay for a 10 minute meal the next day!

I previously shared this recipe over 3 years ago and it deserved an update!


Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined, cut in large pieces
2 cups leftover rice
1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon pineapple juice
1.5 tablespoons fish sauce
2 teaspoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons cashews

Heat a wok to medium-high and add oil. Once hot, add the garlic, chili, and shrimp and let cook about a minute. Add the rice, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Add the pineapple pieces, pineapple juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, and cashews. Stir together until well blended. 

Serve hot. 

Adapted from Rasa Malaysia

2 comments :

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    organic arborio rice

    ReplyDelete



See Aimee Cook


Follow on Bloglovin

Designed by:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets
I was featured, I was Featured by Addicted to Recipes
What's cooking, love?
Lil\'Luna
Mandy's Recipe Box
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved